She is one of the few girls with long as well as strong enough to fight a guy, she herself stated that she had to grow up having to beat up a few guys. She is one of the few characters with long hair
She is the daughter of the PTA president (a notorious Parent Teacher Association) .She is not the only child, she also has an older brother although nothing much about him has been revealed apart from his name, Yuiichi.
Her hatred towards weak boys or the imaginary wall that usually separates her from a guy was caused by the injustices she suffered at her older brother's hand. At that time Anko was a very young child, probably around 5 years, while her brother around 9/10 years old. Her brother did not seem to care very much of the age difference or the fact that she was her younger sister, instead this seemed to fuel him more in his childish hatred that he made Anko go through. He went as far as destroying Anko's doll although she had not done anything to deserve such treatment, this really made her wonder if he brother hated her.
PersonalityShe is the classic case of the "spoiled brat" having been brought up in a high class family. She does not mind making other people suffer if it allows her to reach her goal, as showed when she bullied Noboru in order to stop him from getting any closer to Onizuka or aid him. She is quite the confident girls and states that she is for the wild type, such as Brad Pitt, which is the opposite of Noboru. However she is still a girl and when offended deeply she is prone to cry as showed when Onizuka wrote on her butt.
However as the manga progresses Anko seems to drop this kind of attitude, especially when Noboru is around which causes her to feel embarrassed and makes her face go red, this allowed her to show her sensitive as well as insecure side as she tried countless times to reveal Noboru the way she feels about him being scared of being rejected by him.
Anko is one of the first who tries to get Onizuka fired and actually getting just a few steps away from succeeding in that. When Onizuka finds out that Noboru was bullied by Anko's trio he states that no one should be bullied in school and whoever perform such an act should be bullied. He therefore sets up a plan in order to get revenge for Noboru with Noboru. Anko targeted Noboru a second time (though in the manga she is seen bullying Noboru only once meaning that there is no ruling out that there might have been other occasions in which it occurred) because she had seen him in a good mood since Onizuka took class 3-4 homeroom teacher position and deducing that it was because of him, she beat Noboru, got him undress, took picture of him and made him swear that he would not tag along Onizuka anymore or else his pictures would be distributed throughout the city. Eventually while Anko was celebrating at a karaoke of how they treated Noboru, Onizuka went inside their karaoke room, tied them up and pulled off their skirts and underwear leaving their butts completely naked (in the anime he left their underwear on). Afterwards he wrote apologetic words on their butts and made Kikuchi take pictures of them.
Eventually however, after failing to get Onizuka fired due to Kikuchi and Noboru's hard work she was given a life lesson by Onizuka who told her that she should not incriminate anyone else from herself for what happened. Since then Anko has been giving her verbal support to anyone who wanted to harm Onizuka but has not acted against him. Eventually she gets close enough to Onizuka to offer him a million yen in order to save him from getting fired another time, although he utterly rejects the money.
She is then advised by Onizuka about what she should regarding the feelings that she has for Noboru, and although Anko at first tries to deny them, Onizuka eventually manages to get her to admit that she likes Noboru, this really helped Anko as she was spiritually able to progress since then and develop what she felt for Noboru.
At the beginning of the manga, she bullied Noboru non-stop since she viewed him as a weak person and student; this was particularly because Anko hated weak people. Eventually Onizuka found out what was going on and avenged Noboru, allowing the latter to co-operate with him. Anko labelled Noboru a coward, as he relied on the homeroom teacher.
However, her attitude toward Noboru dramatically changes during the Okinawa trip. After falling off a cliff, she is saved by Noboru multiple times in an escape from a dangerous cavern. This makes her realize that Noboru might have been something else than the weak boy she always thought he was. When she finally starts to understand that she has feelings for him, she is shocked and tries to deny them as people would laugh at her if they knew she liked Noboru. Thanks to Onizuka's help, however, she is able to cross over this barrier and admit to herself that she is infatuated with the boy, so much that she would be ready to fight for his pride.
The love she feels for Noboru however is puts her into a hard situation, as a girl like her, with her reputation and beauty, would be able to get a cooler and much more attractive boy than Noboru. Her difficulties are noticed when she and Noboru meet her childhood friend Rinka and her boyfriend Mah at a summer festival, who laugh at Noboru for not being at Anko's level. However, Noboru's confidence and strong character allowed them to prove to Rinka and Mah that Noboru is more than what he looks, allowing Anko to finally acknowledge him.
She seems to be fairly well respected among the class, due to her reputation and family.
At first, she did not seem to really treasure the bond that she shared with her mother. This gave Anko a reason to use her for her own benefits and showing a totally fake side of her, leading her mother to think that is she was a dutiful daughter
- The fact that Anko is a pervert and Noboru is not proves that he is out of her league and it should Noboru's reputation to be on stake if he were to develop a relationship with a pervert like Anko and not Anko's. (KEEP OPINIONS TO A MINIMUM, WIKIS ARE FACT BASED)
Manga and Anime differences
- In the Anime Anko stated that she had family problems, however in the manga this was not true.
- In the manga Anko has a Diner Club International card (which expired in April 1999), in the anime she has a totally different card.
- In the Anime Anko and Noboru get found by onizuka and Kanzaki in the chapel, after they had been swimming in the underwater tunnel, in the dark underwater caves. However in the manga, they stand and leave by their own feet out of the cave to do a fire on the outside. They are later found there by Fuyutsuki sensei and the whole class in an awkward position, after Anko had a jumpscare hugging Noboru because of finding bettles in her clothes.
- In the manga she was never caught while shopping for love items in Okinawa by Fukuroda-sensei.
- "What if I do?! I'm not ashamed to like him"
- "He may be shorter than me and maybe he's not the coolest looking guy in the world! And maybe he is a video game nerd and maybe he isn't good at school! And maybe he looks like a clown with his big feet and bowl-cut 'do. And maybe all he ever does is watching cartoons and get picked on by big girls. Yeah, maybe, but you know what?! I like him anyway a LOT!"
- "I like him! I like him! I like him! I like him so much it's making my body shake. You got a problem with that?!"
- "It doesn't matter if he's shorter than me. It's only a single step worth of difference between us. All I have to do is take that one, little step...and move five centimeters...to the other side"